Fantastic flexible working opportunity with an award winning local food company
We are seeing a growing demand for our products and are looking for a team of people to come and join us to help take the business to the next level.
We would love to hear from people at all levels who might be able to contribute depending on demands of the business, your own skill set and your available time. In return, we’re offering zero hour contracts to build a totally flexible resource allowing you to pick and choose the hours to suit you and your personal commitments.
We are hoping to find people who would enjoy being involved with anything from:
- helping with production, basic food preparation through to cooking filling and labelling
- packaging the items ready for postage or sale at events
- assisting with events
- helping with our social media presence
- Calling round accounts
- Dealing with orders and arranging courier collections and deliveries.
We manufacture apple based artisan jellies in a small (tiny) production plant in Merstham mostly during the day Monday to Friday. We are out and about on both weekdays and on weekends attending tasting events and food festivals all around the country so we have opportunities that cover daytimes, evening and weekends. You will only work the hours that suit you personally.
We are experienced and fair employers having previously run our own award winning restaurants for over 15 years, so you can expect all standard terms and conditions, holiday entitlement flexibility in working but equally we expect honesty, integrity and passion in return.
Initially this is an hourly paid role, however may well lead on to greater things as our business develops. We are ready to start immediately if needs be, alternatively we can plan around notice periods.
At this stage I am open to hear from people who like the idea of a flexible role working in a small and very sociable team and who can tick a few (not necessarily all!) of the boxes below
- love fresh innovative food
- Need flexible working hours or would like to earn a little bit with a fun, friendly, forward thinking business
- are fun, sociable, hospitable, honest and polite - we are!
- really would love to be involved in a new company from virtual start up
- able to work (once trained) to exacting standards and follow procedures 100% accurately
- can work unattended with the same level of self motivation as we do
- have charisma and personality…if not confidence – we can develop confidence!
- have a good command of word, excel, email and general technology
- confident in the use of all social media.
- hard working and prepared to go the extra mile when things get busy
- have a very good command of English both written and verbal
It would be great if you have worked with food previously and have a food hygiene certificate (although you will be trained in this if not so it’s not essential)
We are expecting these roles to appeal to a wide range of people looking for a low stress career change, maybe a holiday job whilst to fun college or university, or a few hours to fit around school / nursery hours.....whatever your situation we would love to hear from you.
If you would like to know more please email me email@example.com or give me a call on 07973 408820 and lets talk. It would be great if you could include;
- Some background information as to why you like the sound if the opportunity including skills you have that you believe would complement us.
- A rough idea of the hours that might suit you
- A recent CV if you have one
The Jellies themselves are all made from natural products and are gluten free, dairy free as well as being suitable for both vegetarian and vegan. We have previously won a number of Great Taste Awards and we were finalists in two categories in the “Surrey Life Food and Drink Awards 2016”.
We look forward to hearing from you
Paula and Jon